中文版

Home

Introduction

Reader Activity Service

Library for Si Ku Quan Shu ( Wen Su Ge Edition )

Opening Hours
Reader Registration
Reading and Lending Regulations
Log in
FAQ
Visit us
Location guide
Online Reference
 
The Library for Si Ku Quan Shu(Wen Su Ge edition)

    Si Ku Quan Shu (Four Branches of Literature) was completed in Qing dynasty under the order of emperor Qianlong. It is one of the greatest collection in Chinese history. In February 1773, the compilation of the Si Ku Quan Shu (Four Branches of Literature) began, with Ji yun, Lu xixiong as its general proof-reader. More than four hundred other cultural celebrities took responsibility in editing and proofreading. And more than four thousand scribes were involved. It was an unprecedentedly grand occasion. By 1782, the compilation had been generally completed, and by 1790, the copy of seven editions of Si Ku Quan Shu had all been done. Si Ku Quan Shu (Four Branches of Literature) was classified into four branches, and composed of over 3400 kind of books, with totally more than 0.8 billion letters.
     In 1783, the second edition of Si Ku Quan Shu (Four Branches of Literature) was completed and sent to Wensu library in Chengjing. Even after the Second World War, the collection was still preserved intact. In 1966, in view of the international situation at that time, according to the command of “文厅图字24号”by the office of the central ministry of culture on March 7, 1966, Si Ku Quan Shu (Four Branches of Literature) was carried to Gansu provincial Library. After then, the treasure was preserved in ancient local liancheng government in Yongdeng county and Gancaodian in Yuzhong county for 40 years.
     In 2001, Gansu provincial government decided to build up a Library for Si Ku Quan Shu(Wen Su Ge edition) for better preservation. On December 28, 2001, foundation laying ceremony was held and the construction began in June 2003. After 2 years, in July 2005, the project was put an end and the books were brought in. The project costs nearly 60million, covering an area of 50 mu, with a building area of 5757 square meters. The library was surrounded by beautiful scenes. Its style inherited the tradition of the classical architecture, with exquisite and unique design. The building is well-quipped and constructed by the national standard security regulation. The Library for Si Ku Quan Shu(Wen Su Ge edition) has been an outstanding symbol on the Silk Road.

Website record serial Number: 陇ICP备05003088号
Website Construction and Maintenance: The Technology Department in Gansu Provincial Library
Address: 488 South Binhe Road, Lanzhou, Gansu Province
Post Code: 730000